Commerce Construction Services, a well-established company celebrating its 25th year in business, is seeking a commercial construction Estimator / Project Manager. Commerce is a customer-driven General Contractor working primarily in the Wichita and surrounding areas.
We are seeking a commercial construction Estimator / Project Manager to assist in the pursuit of new and renovation work in negotiated and hard bid environments. Our employees are our greatest asset – we are looking for an experienced team player who is interested in growing with our company. It is important the candidate has earned a reputation of working well with architects, clients, office and field staff, and subcontractors.
- Competently analyze and estimate all types of projects in detail
- Solicit and qualify subcontractors’ bids
- Cultivate and maintain favorable relationships with clients
- Participate in the design phase of projects and have the ability to evaluate and budget projects from preliminary drawings
- Project management, preconstruction services, subcontracts, sumittals, short and long term planning, job site meetings, billings, and closeout
- Visit job sites to ensure safety procedures are followed, quality control standards are met, equipment and techniques are used properly and to check productions
- Help coordinate subcontractors and in-house crews to complete work to our company’s high workmanship standards
The successful candidate will:
- Be responsible and accountable for his / her clients
- Be a self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Have strong negotiation and analytical skills
- Have exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize
- Be strongly committed to safety
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Science / Management or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in commercial construction
- Stable employment history with good references
- Background and ability to learn new computer programs
- Professional written and verbal skills
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Bonus program available
- Company provided vehicle, phone, and laptop
- Company sponsored training opportunities
Interested? Fill out our application by clicking the button below, or stop by our offices to complete an application today!
Commerce Construction Services, Inc. provides for a fair and equal employment opportunity for all job applicants.