Project Manager / Estimator
Who We Are:
Commerce Construction Services, Inc. is a mid-sized, commercial construction company residing and working primarily in Wichita, Kansas and its surrounding areas since 1993. Built and maintained on the foundation of integrity, respect, and trust, Commerce continues to be a well-regarded General Contractor focused on building lasting relationships through its core values while providing uncompromising service in response to all its clients’ needs.
Commerce Construction Services is seeking an experienced Project Manager / Estimator to join our expanding team and assist in the pursuit of new and renovation work in design-build, negotiated, and hard bid environments. Our employees are our greatest asset – we are looking for an experienced team player who is interested in growing with our company. It is important the candidate has earned a reputation of working well with architects, clients, office and field staff, and subcontractors.
- Competently analyze and estimate all types of projects in detail
- Solicit and qualify subcontractors’ bids
- Cultivate and maintain favorable relationships with clients
- Participate in the design phase of projects and have the ability to evaluate and budget projects from preliminary drawings
- Project management, preconstruction services, subcontracts, submittals, short and long term planning, job site meetings, billings, and closeout
- Visit job sites to ensure safety procedures are followed, quality control standards are met, equipment and techniques are used properly and to check productions
- Help coordinate subcontractors and in-house crews to complete work to our company’s high workmanship standards
The successful candidate will:
- Be responsible and accountable for his / her clients
- Be a self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Have strong negotiation and analytical skills
- Have exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Be strongly committed to safety
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Science / Management or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in commercial construction
- Project Management: 3 years (required)
- Estimating: 3 years (required)
- Stable employment history with good references
- Background and ability to learn new computer programs
- Professional written and verbal skills
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Bonus program available
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Company provided vehicle, phone, and laptop
- Company sponsored training opportunities
Interested? Fill out our application by clicking the button below, or stop by our offices to complete an application today!
Commerce Construction Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides for a fair and equal employment opportunity for all job applicants.